Thursday, October 27, 2011

Beautful People: NaNoWriMo

So I heard about this thing called "Beautiful People" from Lauriloth's wonderful blog. You can read more about it here, but basically it's where you answer questions about your characters each month. This month, however, you're supposed to answer questions about your novel for NaNoWriMo. I decided give it a try!

1. Sum up your novel in five words or less.

Dragons pursue lost power source.

2. Novel title?

Haven't decided...but the series is called Chronicles of Wingdom.

3. Sum up your main character(s) in one word.

Responsible.

4. Advice for newbies in three words?

Just do it.

5. Tell us about your secondary characters, how do they affect the story?

They affect the story in several ways. A lot of them serve as guides, mentors, providers, etc. My main characters wouldn't get anywhere without them.

6. Do you plan on staying up till midnight on the 31st?

Hopefully not! I plan to organize my time, but things usually never happen the way I plan them...

7. How many years have you done NaNo?

This is my first year, actually.

8. What came first, characters, or plot idea?

The characters came first. I made up my protagonist (Lynnette) about a year ago, and I've made up a few different stories with her, but I changed them so many times it somehow became the one I'm doing now.

9. How much prep do you do before November?

Well, I decided to do NaNo only last week...so I've been planning since then...

10. Now be honest, how do you really feel about NaNo?

I am beyond excited to do this. It's an oppurtunity to finally let out the creativity that's been brewing in my head for over a year now......it should be a good experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment