Monday, April 4, 2011

Bionicles Are Nostalgic...At Least For Me

When I was a lot younger, I didn't play with Barbies. Oh no. I played with BIONICLES!!! My little brothers and I were obsessed with them. I knew all the names of every Bionicle that ever was, I had seen all the movies, and read the comic each month with delight. Eventually the story got a bit dull, the prices for the figures got more expensive, and the toys seemed suspiciously smaller. I lost interest. Why am I telling you about my past abnormal tomboy interest? Keep reading.

Recently my mom told us that she wanted me and my brothers to start spending more quality time with each other. Brandon, the older of my two younger siblings, said, "I've got an idea. Wait here, Rach." He rushed upstairs with Jake. Finally, he called down, "Ok, you can come up to my room." I stepped in and saw a huge plastic bin filled to the brim with...BIONICLES!!!! "Remember these?" Bran smiled. We spent a long time taking them out of the bin and reminiscing about old jokes and games we played way back when.

I found a piece of paper that was labeled, "The Story of Novaka." Oh yeah, I thought. I remember this guy! Novaka was a Bionicle I had made up. Brandon had made one up too, named Onupaka (Yes, the names are weird, but ALL Bionicles have weird names). Anyway, here's the paper. (Please excuse the spelling errors I made years ago!)


I sure did have a weird imagination. I guess I still do. XD
 I rebuilt Novaka, surprised that I still remembered how to build him after all these years. Brandon and I had a little photo shoot, and I'm gonna make our own label to put on a Bionicle canister, so they'll look like they're real Bionicles that you can buy. I almost had Novaka's label finished, but the computer decided to hate me again and the deleted the whole thing. *sigh*



I think the bright red was supposed to represent poison...? I don't remember...
Trivia time~! Which of the Barraki glows in the dark (And also happens to be one of my favorite Bionicles)?
Only a true Bionicle geek will know the answer...

2 comments:

  1. Ah ha ha ha! I remember going over to your house one time and seeing a bionicle on your dresser. I only had two bioncles. They were both "Vahki" (I just went to the bionicle wiki to figure out what they were called 'cause I don't remeber! XD) One was Vahki Zadakh, and he was brown with a blue helmet thing, then I had another that was white with a blue helmet thing. And according to the wiki it was called Keerakh. Those were pretty cool...I miss them! I acutally still have one bioncle weapon left! :'D I holding it right now! After we lost our bioncles Lauren and I would use the weapons as weapons for ping! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hahaha* (nervous laugh) yeah, I was the kinds girl who played with Barbies so I'm not quite sure what the question is 0.o
    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete