Saturday, May 21, 2011

Yo Ho, Yo Ho...

...a pirate's life for me! My little brothers are in the mood for pirates, it seems. They are searching the seven seas (a.k.a. our house) for any loose change to buy the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game. They asked me the other day, "Hey, since your birthday's coming up, could you ask for the Lego Pirates Wii game?"

Just now I saw them walk by. Jake has my bathrobe sash slung over one shoulder, with a jingling pouch of coins tied to the end. Brandon found an old bottle in the recycling bin and is carrying it around like it's full of rum (He says it's just so he looks more like a pirate, he has no interest in drinking now or in the future!)

We watched the first Pirates film the other day, and they examined each character's hairstyle and outfit, in order to duplicate them into Lego minifigures. Afterwards, they built their own pirate ships. Well, sort of. Jake's "ship" (affectionately named The Sea Star) is cardboard box held together by much duct tape. Brandon's "ship" (named The Long Star) is an unused plastic laundry bin.

What was something you loved to play when you were younger?

P.S. Sorry this post had no pictures, the next one will have lots! ;D




2 comments:

  1. So the boys and I have been really into "interviewing each other". I always find myself being Oprah (sp?), and the boys dress in an over sized shirt, stuff pillows under it, and pretend to be a depressed, obese six year old...... yeah (you: o.0 )
    I don't remember what we did when we were little... I remember star wars was a big hit most afternoons. Other than that, I can't think of anything (lol)
    *haha* your brothers are so funny:)
    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well MY ship is called the DEATH STAR!!! lol. Pirates are fun, but I ONLY want to see the 4th Pirates movie because it has mermaids in it. Other than that there is no draw for me. But the first Pirates is a really good movie.

    ReplyDelete